Communications Specialist /intern M/W/XRéf 2761039
Actualisé le 12 octobre 2022 par EUROPEAN SOCIETY OF PATHOLOGY
The European Society of Pathology (ESP) is a non-profit organization that aims to advance Pathology in Europe and to facilitate communication between European Pathologists. Being the leading force in European pathology with a vision ¿excellence in pathology for optimal patient care¿, ESP promotes high quality pathology diagnosis for all patients, up-to-date education across Europe, and support cutting-edge research to understand disease and translate science into clinical practice.
Description of the function
Position Title: ESP Communications Specialist/Intern
Under supervision of Project Manager
Full time, based in the ESP Brussels office
The Intern will take part in internal and external communications and for the smooth running of the ESP activities. Due to the changing environment in medicine the needs of Society, this position requires a dynamic intern with a flexible attitude who is enthusiastic to contribute, share ideas on our new projects and assist in a wide range of activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist to write/edit brochures, press releases, speeches, newsletters, manage websites and social media and other public relations projects
- Learn to handle communication with ESP members or internally within the Society's Working Groups, advisory Board, Education & Trainees Subcommittees, ESP Officers, etc.,
- Assist ESP Officers and the Director-General with public speaking engagements
- Assist in managing the ESP booth at the annual congress, meeting and greeting members of the Society.
- Acquaint herself/himself with communication to ESP members and pathology communities about new publications in the Official Journal of the Society (Virchow Archiv)
- Involves dealing with membership inquiries.
- Monitoring the membership, surveys, opinion polls, answering emails, phone calls and other queries
- Processing membership applications and management of the ESP membership database
- Preparing of various communication on ESP Education activities such as fellowships, and other communication as required for ESP Committees (Advisory Board, Working Groups, etc.)
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Excellent communication skills, knowledge of social networking tools/websites
- Degree or postgraduate qualification in a relevant area e.g., journalism, advertising, marketing, and communication is highly beneficial
- Prior experience in public relations or communication and knowledge of scientific/medical related matters is a definite plus
- IT knowledge will be considered an asset
- Fluent in English (mandatory), French and/or Dutch an asset
Benefits of the position
The expected outcome of the internship is for the intern to be familiarised with the daily work of an international medical organisation, to learn about and contribute to the different tools of communication and activities used within the Society and to gain experience in the field.
ESP is committed to promoting equality and diversity
Contract type : Stage CIP
- Communication et information
- Temps plein
- Sans expérience exigée
Comment postuler ?
Nom de l'employeur
EUROPEAN SOCIETY OF PATHOLOGY
Personne de contact
MONSIEUR Al Dieri Raed
Mode de présentation
Envoi de C.V. via "E-Mail"