Specialist Coins & Banknotes M/W/XRéf 2893359
Actualisé le 01 octobre 2022 par HERITAGE AUCTIONS - EUROPE COÖPERATIEF U.A.
Are you a talented Coins & Banknotes Specialist or have strong general collectibles knowledge? Then set your sights on a career at Heritage Auctions Belgium (Zaventem), subsidiary of Heritage Auctions Europe, which has its base in the Netherlands. As an international auction house in collectibles, we have been advising international customers for more than twenty years on which market is most favourable for them. We offer access to more than 1.5 million collectors.
Description of the function
This position is a highly profile position: we are seeking for an ambitious candidate who will bring his/her excellent reputation, business ethics, strong work ethic, organizational skills, and knowledge to represent Heritage in the best light. You are responsible for evaluating property, acquiring consignments, building relationships, generating and responding to leads, participating with catalogue production and sales processes, among other duties.
Skills and abilities
- The ideal candidate is a go-getter, outgoing, self-motivated, and professional.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, high ability to multitask, pay attention to detail, and have a positive attitude with good customer service skills.
- Willingness to learn; work well with a team.
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction.
- Ability to analyse and propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment.
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner.
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough.
- Excellent English language; additional French and/or Dutch language is a plus.
Driver's license: Permis B
Benefits of the position
What we offer?
- A good competitive salary.
- Challenging, varied job within a professional organization.
- Plenty of room for personal input and personal development.
- Despite our growth we operate as a family company.
- Informal working atmosphere within an enthusiastic team where short lines of communication exist.
- We work according to PC200.
Contract type : CDD
Other information :
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Evaluate property and establish auction estimates.
- Acquire consignments through HA and individually-generated leads.
- Research, authenticate, and catalogue property.
- Proof catalogue text and images, press releases, consignment and bidding emails, and advertising copy.
- Market lots in auctions to various clients.
- Contribute to the expansion of the client database.
- Answer inquiries before, during, and after the auction.
- Travel as needed to meet with clients and review the property for potential consignment.
- Actively participate in auctions.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years' experience in a major auction house preferred and/or as a commercial dealer focusing on one of the mentioned categories; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- If you do not meet the set requirements of education and experience, it is possible to follow our internal training.
If you are interested in this specialist role and feel you have the qualifications we seek, please click the corresponding link or email your motivation and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the vacancy, please contact Jacco Scheper, CEO et email@example.com.
- Gestion d'entreprises, de services et de projet
- Temps partiel
- Avec expérience demandée
Comment postuler ?
Nom de l'employeur
HERITAGE AUCTIONS - EUROPE COÖPERATIEF U.A.
Personne de contact
MADAME Van der Maat Stella
Mode de présentation
Envoi de C.V. via "E-Mail"