Plastic Engineer (m/v)Ref 1381904
Geactualiseerd op 23 februari 2021 via CNH BELGIUM
Retour à la liste
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Plastic Engineer will be responsible to support CNH product development, product testing and product quality tasks on day-to-day basis from materials point of view under the direction of Materials Manager. This position requires strong communication skills, ability to make decision and resolve task on hand. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform Material Failure Analysis (MFA) on plastic components; target root cause and speed the solution of critical design or manufacturing problem areas.
- Produce detailed MFA report, outlining evaluation performed, determined root cause followed with clear recommendation to address the issue.
- Perform paint testing for paint material and paint process approval in accordance with company specifications.
- Interact with product design and test engineers during development and testing phase for new program launches to ensure robust CNH component designs and support meeting program dead line.
- Interact and support quality and purchasing groups within the company to resolve field issues, warranty claims and cost reduction projects from plastic and paint materials point of view.
- Interact with CNH suppliers to resolve plastic & paint related issues and concerns.
- Work in materials lab, use laboratory equipment as FTIR, DSC, TGA, Tensile Tester, WOM, cyclic salt spray chamber, humidity chamber and similar to perform plastic and paint material evaluation and analysis.
- Participate in CNH Materials Standards meetings. Provide technical input for new or updated plastic and paint material and process standards.
- Participate in DFMEA, PFMEA and technical reviews with CNH Engineering and CNH suppliers.
- Bachelor¿s Degree in Plastics/Polymer Science/Engineering, Bachelor¿s degree in organic chemistry or similar other engineering field with focus on polymer/paint.
- 3+ years of experience in materials engineering field; with focus on plastic and basic knowledge on paint. Should have hands on experience with laboratory equipment and testing of plastic and paint material.
- Experience or knowledge about International Specification is preferred.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of internal customers at all levels within the company .
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little supervision. Leadership skills that will facilitate effective problem resolution in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on attention to details
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong time and priority management
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to set clear objectives and deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products ¿ Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Engels : Middelmatige
- Studies, onderzoek en ontwikkeling / Wetenschappelijk en toegepast onderzoek
Naam van de werkgever
solliciteren via Web site
Opgelet! Het is niet nodig om Actiris te contacteren voor deze werkaanbieding. De vacature werd opgesteld door de werkgever. Actiris is niet verantwoordelijk voor de inhoud ervan en eventuele inbreuken tegen de wetgeving. Toch een opmerking over deze werkaanbieding? Aarzel dan niet om Actiris in te lichten.