English Preschool Teacher M/W/X
Référence 4134945 | Modifié le10 novembre 2023
- Lieu : 1200 - Woluwe-Saint-Lambert
- Temps de travail : Temps plein
- Type de contrat : Contrat à durée indéterminée
- Famille de métiers : Enseignement et formation / Enseignement scolaire
Description de l'entreprise
Based in Brussels, Victoria Cerise is a reference company in the bilinigual French-English private sector related to the demand for early childhood education.
Being in the educational sector for almost a decade, we offer different services, such as our Nursery, bilingual preschool, inclusive sectoin and our nanny agency.
Description de la fonction
Responsibilities of the job:
1. Plan rich and stimulating learning activities that achieve good progression in pupils' understanding by:
- identifying clear learning objectives and learning content, appropriate to the subject or topic and the children being taught
- being aware of individual children's needs and interests and utilising these in planning learning within and outside the classroom
- setting exciting and intriguing tasks for whole class learning, small group learning and child- initiated learning
- setting clear targets for pupils' learning that build on prior attainment together with the coordinator, identifying and meeting the needs of pupils who have special educational needs, are more able or are not yet fluent in English
- ensuring that learning is appropriately differentiated so that the learning is well pitched, and all of the class are challenged at their current level of understanding
2. Create a rich, stimulating learning environment that will capture attention, create excitement and lead to independent exploration.
3. Make effective use of assessment information on pupils' attainment and progress when teaching and in planning future learning.
4. Plan and manage activities for Kindergarten children who stay for afternoon daycare.
5. Seek and plan opportunities to develop pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
Teaching and classroom management
1. Ensure effective teaching of the whole class, and of groups and individuals within the whole class setting, so that learning objectives are met and pupils' learning time is used efficiently.
2. Use a variety of teaching methods to capture children's interest.
3. Set high expectations for children's behaviour, by providing engaging teaching and through positive and productive relationships and an emphasis on our School Values and ethos.
4. Establish a safe, clean and secure learning environment which promotes pupils' confidence.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of and take responsibility for promoting high standards of literacy including the correct use of spoken English.
6. Give pupils regular feedback, both orally and through accurate marking, and encourage pupils to respond to the feedback.
7. Evaluate your own teaching critically and use this to improve your effectiveness.
Monitoring, assessment, recording, reporting and accountability
1. Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use this information to improve specific aspects of teaching.
2. Be responsible for building up Learning Journals for each child with us. Maintain good organisation and informative observations in children's Learning Journals, so that they offer a clear record of pupils' progress and the next steps in their learning.
3. Be familiar with the statutory assessment and reporting requirements and report information to parents in a meaningful way.
4. Understand the expected demands of pupils in relation to the Early Learning Goals.
Team Working and Collaboration and Professional Development
1. Participate in any relevant meetings/professional development opportunities at the school, which relate to the learners, curriculum or organisation of the school.
2. Proactively participate with the performance management and appraisal process.
3. Work as a team member and identify opportunities for working with colleagues and sharing the development of effective practice with them.
Purpose of the job:
- To support children and parents when settling children into the class and school environment, according to each family's needs.
- To enable each member of staff to contribute fully by being proactive.
- To enable young children to make good progress in their learning by building upon the skillsthey have when they join the primary school.
- To assist all children to develop emotional security, self-belief, and mature social skills.
- To promote a love of learning and an excitement about coming to school each day.
- To maintain the highest levels of conduct and professional behaviour.
- To take responsibility for safeguarding the welfare of children within the school.
- To build good relationships with parents and carers and work in partnership to ensure the bestoutcomes for children and families.
- Travailler à pauses
Attention, un employeur ne peut pas vous demander de lui communiquer des données sensibles. En savoir plus.
Si vous avez une remarque sur cette offre, n'hésitez pas à nous la communiquer via ce formulaire de contact.