Project Manager M/W/XRef 3464803
Geactualiseerd op 17 maart 2023 via EUN PARTNERSHIP
European Schoolnet is a network of over 30 European Ministries of Education, based in Brussels. As a non-profit organisation, we aim to bring innovation in teaching and learning to our key stakeholders: Ministries of Education, schools, teachers, researchers, and industry partners. Since its founding in 1997, European Schoolnet has used its links with education ministries to help schools make effective use of educational technologies, equipping both teachers and pupils with the skills to succeed in the knowledge society. We pledge to support schools in achieving effective use of ICT in teaching and learning; improve and raise the quality of education in Europe; promote the European dimension in education.
Are you interested in digital technologies and aware of how educational technologies are shaping the future of teaching and learning? Do you feel confident in fully mastering the constraints and contractual rules of EU programmes so that projects can run smoothly? Do you have at least three years of professional experience in project management and coordination of European Commission funded projects?
European Schoolnet is looking for a highly motivated project manager who is knowledgeable about the EdTech sector to join our Science Education Department in Brussels (Vacancy Reference: SciEduDept-2023EDT1). This position will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further expand your already existing expertise and knowledge in project management and enable you to work in a European environment liaising with colleagues and partners from all over Europe.
The ideal candidate will have an experience of minimum three years of effective European project management of H2020 programmes with very good knowledge of European Commission funded projects procedures (experience in cascade funding programmes would be an asset). Additionally, the candidate will have excellent organisational skills, effective time management, proven knowledge of budget and contract management, and advanced ICT skills (to use internal databases and tools). The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of activities in major European initiatives in the field of educational technologies, while reporting directly to the Head of the Science Education Department.
This list is for indicative purposes only. It will be adapted to meet the priorities of the organisation and in response to skills demonstrated by the project manager. Tasks will include:
- Managing autonomously EdTech projects, including budget, project administrative issues, leading the day-to-day project management (delivery deadlines, reporting, administration, finances, contracts, and amendments, etc.), with the support of the team created to work in this area.
- Be responsible for the implementation and delivery of tasks and specific activities foreseen in the project.
- Planning the production processes of project deliverables, such as reports, minutes, and studies in close cooperation with other colleagues and teams.
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time, to budget and to specification.
- Coordination of project partners and management related tasks, chairing partners meetings, workshops, coordinating conferences, etc.
- Monitoring project progress.
- Administrative and financial planning and reporting: internally (overseeing the project's HR planning, funding allocation, budget planning and monitoring of expenditure) and externally (producing financial statements, deliverables, and reports).
- Tracking and analysis of project performance, cost performance, schedule, and report to the management on the changes project scope, project schedule, and project costs, being able to suggest the improvements to all the above.
- Analysis and management of project risks.
- Supervise the work of 1 to 3 colleagues in the team, depending on the project, to ensure the correct and timely implementation of project tasks and activities.
- Analysing data and producing evaluation reports.
- Presenting the project and EUN at different relevant events.
- Contributing actively to the development of project outputs.
- Coordinating, writing, and contributing to new proposals as well as overall EdTech strategy at European Schoolnet, in collaboration with EUN's Future Classroom Lab's team.
Profile and skills
- At least three years of effective European project management of European Commission funded project with very good knowledge of Horizon 2020 procedures.
- Experience leading project team(s) of at least two people.
- Proven financial project management experience (costing, budgeting, reporting, and monitoring).
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Strong organisational, time management and problem-solving skills. Attention to detail.
- Diplomatic, excellent communication and engagement skills. Negotiation skills.
- Experience in working with industry partners and/or cascade funding programmes would be an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- University degree with strong motivation and interest in the following areas: Educational Technologies, Emerging Technologies, ICT in Education, Industry collaboration and European funded projects.
- Excellent understanding of IT tools (MS Office Word and Excel are essential) and videoconferencing tools (e.g., Adobe Connect, Microsoft Teams, etc.).
Voordelen van de betrekking
- Duration of contract: 1-year renewable (for the right candidate a CDI from the start might be negotiable). This is a full-time position starting as soon as possible.
- Deadline for applications: until the position is filled. Interviews will be organised as soon as possible on a rolling basis either in Brussels or at distance.
- Benefits: Salary in line with experience and qualifications, meal vouchers, travel expenses support, corporate hospitalisation insurance, hybrid position: Remote working from the Belgian residence up to three days per week allowed (Science Education Department colleagues work from the office on Thursdays and Fridays) and up to 20 days remote working from outside Belgium per year (pro-rata to months worked within the calendar year).
- Location: European Schoolnet, Rue de Treves, 61, Brussels, Belgium. The selected candidate must have their residence in Belgium.
- Interview process:
- Selected candidates will have a first interview as soon as possible via video conference with the head of the Science Education Department and Human Resources.
- Short-listed candidates will have a second interview with the Executive Director of European Schoolnet and a Senior Adviser.
- Due to the volume of applications, only pre-selected candidates will be notified.
How to apply
Please send your motivation letter and CV in English, as one single file to firstname.lastname@example.org with email@example.com in CC.
- Make sure to include the Vacancy Reference in the subject of the email.
- The motivation and CV file should be named: Vacancy-Reference-LASTNAME.pdf (no spaces).
 You can find different online tools to combine pdfs, e.g., https://www.ilovepdf.com/
Werkplek Etterbeek, België
Soort overeenkomst : Werk
- Beheer van ondernemingen en diensten
Naam van de werkgever
MADAME Scheeck Nathalie
C.V. opsturen via "E-Mail"