Functional Analyst M/W/XRef 3468580
Geactualiseerd op 21 maart 2023 via EUN PARTNERSHIP
European Schoolnet is the network of over 30 European Ministries of Education, based in Brussels. As a non-profit organisation, we aim to bring innovation in teaching and learning to our key stakeholders: Ministries of Education, schools, teachers, researchers, and industry partners. Since its founding in 1997, European Schoolnet has used its links with education ministries to help schools make effective use of educational technologies, equipping both teachers and pupils with the skills to achieve in the knowledge society. We pledge to support schools in achieving effective use of ICT in teaching and learning; improve and raise the quality of education in Europe; promote the European dimension in education.
European Schoolnet (EUN Partnership) is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Functional Analyst (Ref. DigCi-FA-2023) to join its Digital Citizenship Department.
The Functional Analyst will assist the technical manager as well as project and content teams working on Digital Citizenship projects, such as the Digital Skills and Jobs Platform and Better Internet for Kids implemented on behalf of EU bodies. The work will entail support with user needs analysis, definition of business and functional requirements and coordination with technical partners and suppliers, for some large information systems, with content focusing on the areas of online safety and digital skills.
Beyond the core technical and coordination skills, the ideal candidate should have an interest and basic knowledge in digital technologies, online safety and digital skills, and digital transformation.
He/she will gain an insight into the work of an international non-profit organisation, join a large international team and will be given the opportunity to actively contribute to the management of the information system developed, including from a strategic point of view.
- Liaise with the project manager, client and technical team concerning the IT solutions of a project.
- Identify, reach out to, and collect information and input from the client and internal or external stakeholders.
- Identify and describe the needs for the IT project by mapping, modelling and visualising the problem, scope and context.
- Translate needs of new and existing IT projects into IT solution designs through (non-)functional requirements (e.g., by creating use case models) and functional specifications (e.g., by creating use case descriptions and functional data models). Develop functional requirements documents and basic specifications for the technical teams (internal, partners, suppliers) on this basis.
- Help to coordinate the implementation plan for the IT development process in collaboration with the project and technical manager(s), being involved in the day-to-day workflow and interactions with the technical team(s) of web designers, front end designer, back-end developers, etc.
- Developing and maintaining user support documentation for the developed systems, including protocols, guidelines, tutorials, as well as providing user support when needed, to teams and end users.
- Carry out functional tests throughout implementation and report on the outcomes.
- Keep track of requirements and implementation statuses (e.g., via a ticketing system).
- Contribute to user support services.
- Contribute to other relevant tasks in service of the project.
Profile and skills
- A bachelor or master's degree in a relevant field (e.g. digital technologies, digital media and communications, information science, computer science, user experience etc.).
- At least 5 years of work experience in similar roles and tasks.
- Excellent business analysis skills related to user needs analysis and business and functional requirements definition.
- Good knowledge of information and multimedia interactive systems, their core design and their development process.
- Good knowledge of main CMS (such as Liferay, Drupal and WordPress) at business layer, and operational knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Good knowledge of ethical and legal aspects related to information systems (such as copyright, data protection, security etc.).
- Good knowledge of standards and principles of accessibility and SEO, both technically and content wise.
- Strong diplomatic and coordination skills to liaise with a network composed of public entities, EU institutions, industry and technical partners, as well as to coordinate, monitor and supervise the implementation phases of the systems.
- Excellent written and spoken English (which is the language of work).
- Strong organisational skills, flexibility and ability to learn fast, as well as the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- A team player with strong interpersonal and intercultural skills to succeed in an international environment.
- An interest and/or experience in topics such as online safety, digital technologies, digital skills and digital transformation in general is an asset.
Voordelen van de betrekking
- Duration of contract: 1 year contract, with possibility of renewal. This is a full-time position starting as soon as possible.
- Deadline for applications: until the position is filled. Interviews will be organised as soon as possible on a rolling basis either in Brussels or at distance.
- Benefits: Salary in line with experience and qualifications, meal vouchers, travel expenses support, corporate DKV hospitalisation insurance.
- Location: European Schoolnet, Rue de Treves, 61, Brussels, Belgium.
- Applicants must be EU citizens or possess a valid work permit for Belgium.
- Due to the volume of applications, only pre-selected candidates will be notified
How to apply
Please send your CV and motivation letter in English, as one single file to email@example.com with firstname.lastname@example.org in copy. The motivation letter should show how your background and interests fit the tasks planned for this position.
- Any additional information you wish to send should please be incorporated into the single file rather than in the main body of your email. Thank you!
- Make sure to include the Vacancy Reference in the subject of the email (Ref: DigCi-FA-2023).
- The file should please be named: LASTNAME FirstName - DigCi-FA-2023.
Werkplek Etterbeek, België
Soort overeenkomst : Werk
Naam van de werkgever
MADAME Scheeck Nathalie
C.V. opsturen via "E-Mail"