project officer M/W/XRef 3676081
Geactualiseerd op 26 mei 2023 via INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF PEDESTRIANS - RESEARCH
The International Federation of Pedestrians - Research (IFP-r) is a Brussels based NGO (vzw/asbl) providing a pedestrian's focus to large international studies. We advocate for a city where pedestrians are visible and active, on the street and in public space, but also in the social and political debate. We want to guarantee that pedestrians and walking receive the attention and the priority they deserve. We advocate cities where walking is the norm, where walking is accessible to all, is safe, practical and enjoyable and synonymous with independence and a good quality of life.
Your main task is linked to the recently awarded 4-year Horizon Europe REALLOCATE project, who's main objective is ¿to pave the way towards climate-neutral, safe and smart EU cities through integrated, innovative and inclusive sustainable urban mobility solutions that will address the needs of diverse groups and communities, while rebalancing the street/public space allocation.¿
You are responsible for the implementation of IFP-r's commitment in this project, both in terms of content and practicality: administrative management, knowledge management, field activities in some of the participating cities, contributing and/or writing reports and opinions, participating to project conferences, etc.
You are fully committed to advice on and promote a pedestrian-friendly approach, with focus on the participating cities. You care to make sure that walking weighs on their policies and implementation of their living labs within the project.
You also handle the practical issues related to the reporting and the budget of this project.
Other tasks are linked to IFP-r itself and its further development:
- Elaborating and executing a social media strategy and publishing and sharing content
- Project prospecting and contributing to project / grant applications, both within Horizon Europe and broader
- Preparing, organizing and reporting on the Board meetings and the General Assembly
- General management of the NGO
- You preferably have a master's degree and/or professional experience in a field relevant for pedestrians around public space, mobility, sustainable transport and/or equality.
- You have reasonable skills in organizational management.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written). Good knowledge of Dutch and French are an asset, as well as other languages.
- You have a sense of initiative, are enterprising and know how to work in a young organization.
- You are flexible.
- You have strong social skills and you know how to network and get people enthusiastic about the pedestrian policy and walking in the city.
- You are prepared to travel (mainly within Europe) when needed for the project, and can work in different cultures and a multilingual context.
- You are versatile and have strong organizational skills, a focus on results and the ability to plan, prioritize and respond quickly to opportunities and obstacles.
- You work well independently and in a team.
Voordelen van de betrekking
- A meaningful and diversified job in a highly international and multilingual environment.
- A part-time contract of indefinite length, initially at 21h/week (corresponding to 60% of a full-time). Possibility to expand will be dependent on the granting of other projects.
- A salary according to salary scale B1a PC 329 for socio-cultural work in Belgium, whereby relevant seniority will be taken into account.
- Flexible working hours to match work and private life.
- Hospitalization insurance, expense allowance for homework, mobile phone and internet allowance, Ecocheques, laptop.
- Equal opportunities are important to us. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of racial or ethnic origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
As a small NGO, we currently have no office space and see this position filled in as mainly working from home (for which legal compensation is foreseen). Depending on how the NGO develops in the future, establishing a workplace in the center of Brussels might become an option. Target start of contract: September 2023.
Werkplek Sint-Lambrechts-Woluwe, België
Soort overeenkomst : Werk
Andere informatie :
Candidates are requested to submit a letter of motivation and a CV (in English) before June 18, 2023, (midnight CET) to secretary@IFPedestrians.org. Selected candidates are invited for an interview on June 28, 2023, in Brussels.
For more information about IFP-r, see www.ifpedestrians.org
- Psychosociale- en opvoedingsactiviteiten
- Met ervaring
Naam van de werkgever
INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF PEDESTRIANS - RESEARCH
MONSIEUR van Waeg Geert
C.V. opsturen via "E-Mail"